A LEA may wish to implement OTB as a virtual machine. This is perfectly possible and has been done in a number of authorities.
Schools and LEAs typically will run many servers, for different purposes.
Combining these servers to use a single computer may provide attractive benefits, for an Authority, including:
- reduced hardware maintenance
- reduced hardware replacement costs
- reduced power consumption
- reduced air conditioning costs
- flexible allocation of resources to each VM (disc drive space, memory)
An LEA may suggest your school hosts OTB as a virtual machine.