Prepare and record class cover; share this information with colleagues. Class cover is a key part of absence management and an efficient cover system is essential for smooth school operation.
- record today’s absent staff
- record future known absences
- identify and record surplus “non-contact” time or staff liability for cover; essential to enable future planning
- allocate cover teachers
- improved communication & information sharing
- publish cover on school’s OTB website
- email advice to staff, showing classes they should cover
- record, per teacher, the weekly total of cover lessons
- retain an archive for future reference
- determine which type of period is offered as needing cover (perhaps “teaching” and “registration”)
- determine permissions on role by role basis; eg users who
- can do cover
- cannot do cover
For example, cover cannot be done by users with non-teaching roles, eg office staff, education welfare officers. OTB allows you to allocate the appropriate attribute to specific roles.